Wednesday, May 30, 2012

After Action Report #1

Forgive me if I feel once in a while like talking about work... of course I need to leave certain facts intentionally vague, it's for your own protection. Of course my real report is was filed hours ago, and boy there was quite a bit of extra paperwork to file afterwards, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Now I want to correct one thing I said last time, we don't normally execute targets when require with a gun, or bullets, that can be traced, rather we used a expanding gas projected needle made of frozen neuro toxin. we don't need to penetrate deep, just far enough to break the skin and melt into the blood stream to down a target, the toxin is fast neutralizing, normally untraceable in a couple hours.

Of course I could have just lied, I do have an issued .45 caseless hand pistol sitting on my desk.

So anyways, The subject today was a 17 year old male of Korean decent, he had started posting about a close encounter with the Abomination, normally we would chalk him up as a fiction writer and call it good, but he was throwing down ore fact, and less speculation than our normal "slender-blogger" which made him to credible.

We can't have that. Not after the Incident with the late Zeke Strahm. I was dispatched to "Intimidate" or "Eliminate" the target while one of our offsite teams cracked his blog and brought it down. I was knocking on his door about the time he was starting to notice his password stopped working. His father answered the door, I identified myself as being with Homeland Security and that I needed to talk to his son about his internet activities.

The father attempted to attack me, he was an untrained middle aged man half my size, I quickly locked him up and put one needle in him, he was dead before he hit the floor. I then had no choice, I went up stairs, shot the boy,  his brother, his mother, and there dog.

One gas leak and an aerosol can in the microwave later, and we had a convincing, yet tragic house fire.

And his blog with all of his gathered information is gone, purged from the internet. All in a days work of course.

The only problem with having to do this sort of thing, is if he had any serious readership (he didn't) then a killing like that would require secondary eliminations, so we honestly attempt to avoid it at all cost, had the father not decided to "Suicide by cop" the way he did, then we could have simply convinced the boy to post to his blog that he had been writing some well posted fiction, and a family of 4 would not be dead right now.

Either way the mission is complete and the general public is safer having fewer people exposed to the Abomination. I'd call this a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment