Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fireworks



I'm back in D.C. and not a moment to soon, I got back in town yesterday just in time to see the fireworks.
There's a hill I like to go up to every year, nothing special about this hill most of the year, but I can see a good portion of the town, and watch all the fireworks going off. It really takes my breathe away, everyone in town making on massive city wide fireworks show.

It also helps I PTSD like a motherfucker in town on the 4th, do you guys have any idea how much a fireworks show sounds like heavy combat?

.....

Anyways, yeah, so I was expecting at best, to be severely chewed out, striped of privileges and given a nice desk to sit at for the rest of my working career for how  blatantly terrible things went in Washington... Instead I was given a pat on the back, told what a great job we did out there, and to put our losses behind us. In there eyes, we brought down an Omega level threat, that also destroyed an artifact of the Abomination, and took out a blogger in the process.

Mission fucking complete in there eyes.

Anyways, I'm already back on assignment, there was a series of really grisly murders here in DC that needed investigated, I was confused by this mostly because we normally *Cause* those grisly murders. Turns out most of those killed however were agents of our Organization. Seems like someone has decided that we've all lived long enough.

Now I get to find how who its butchering our men, and kill them.

Should be a nice change of pace, and I can work from home.

Oh... one more thing, there won't be an after action report for Washington, it's been deemed classified. so I'm not allowed to post an after action report in this case, of course there's nothing stopping you from reading a detailed retelling of the end of the operation here.




4 comments:

  1. I had a grandfather and a cousin once who couldn't even be outside during the 4th celebrations.

    Jeez, don't they give you time to recover from jet lag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty normal, I travel so much most people don't see me walking around without my Starbucks travel mug for a good week after a field excursion like the one that had me in Washington.

      PTSD is a severe factor in my day to day routine, I won't pretend that bad shit doesn't happen during wartime, and most people who spend any real amount of time in combat, well they get a bit messed up...I did a few tours there before the Cave, so yeah, I have some pretty fucked up nights once in a while.

      Delete
  2. I can't exactly say it wasn't your fault, because it was. But we all make mistakes, and alot of the time people die from them, all you can do is live on and remember them, and that blogger was my friend, who you got killed. So I can't offer much sympathy.
    -Manic

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair, It was the blogger's friend who tried to kill him, we were both just trying to kill the same son of a bitch at the time.

    ReplyDelete