Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lot of empty seats at the table tonight



This isn't an official after action report, my official report has not been filed yet so I can't post a declassified acct of the end of  "Operation: Washington" for a few days.

We officially went into this mission with around 35 operatives, of those only two of us are left, Reaver, who I asked to stay behind to report if we didn't make it, and myself, who was the sole survivor of our task force to take down the Proxy known as Antonio....

So many deaths... I knew them all...

I'm used to seeing people die, I saw allot friends die during the war, but this is not the war.... It's apparent to me now that we were over our heads from the get-go, we really were outclassed here...

For this, I expect heads to roll, I lead the team, and I walked away from it alive, I'm at best looking at reassignment, at worse imprisonment for leading so many good men to there deaths...

The cleaning team already disposed of the remains... both my Rival's, and my team's....

To say this is a great night to start drinking again, well that's putting it mildly, Reaver is also helping file the bereavement reports, also known as letters to mothers. "Dear miss such and such" and all the "He died bravely for his country" lines you see in war movies....

You know, at least when it came to my former Army life, at least I could talk to someone about it, I mean, I had friends at home, parents to talk to when I got back, shit like that.

In the Organization, all my official reports are sealed, I'm not allowed to talk to anyone about my experiences, not to family, not to friends...

Fuck I'm not even using my real name on here. I swear there were other "Vergil's" before me.

I didn't even know there real names.

Anyways the Booze is hitting so I'm going to shelf the last of the reports for the morning, and hit my bunk, I'll post and after action report later on tomorrow... or whenever the fuck I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment